- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 leaves fresh basil, minced
- 2 tbsp. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups oil, for frying
- 12 zucchini blossoms
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix in water and eggs until smooth.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, dip blossoms in the batter to coat, and gently place a few at a time into the hot oil. Fry on each side until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels.
Photo via A Canadian Foodie