Looking for a delicious, easy to make recipe this Memorial Day? Try our quick and easy Pasta Salad!
Makes 5 cups
- 1 lb. dry pasta (preferably rotini, but anything works!)
- ½ c canola or vegetable oil
- 4 TB lemon juice (juice of ~ 1 lemon)
- 4 TB red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. mustard (dijon is best, but anything works!)
- 2 tsp. oregano, dried
- 2 tsp. dill, fresh, chopped
- 2 ea Bell pepper (any color works, but I like red or green), diced
- 1 ea large cucumber, diced
- ½ bunch scallions/green onions (optional)
- 1 c feta cheese, diced (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Equipment: Burner or stovetop
- Tools: Chef knife, cutting board, mixing bowls (2), whisk, tongs or wooden spoon, large pot (to cook pasta), measuring cups and spoons, and colander (to drain pasta)
- Fill a large pot with cold water and bring to a boil. Add salt to taste to water.
- Cook noodles 7-9 minutes until they still have a slight bight (“al dente”). Drain noodles in a colander and run under cold water until cold.
- Meanwhile, mix liquids (oil, lemon juice, and vinegar) with spices (dill, oregano, and salt/pepper) to make dressing. Add mustard and whisk until combined.
- Add chopped peppers, cucumber, scallions (if using), and cheese (if using) with noodles in a large mixing bowl. Pour dressing over and mix with tongs until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and let marinate at least 1 hour to develop flavors.
**Note: you may use whatever vegetables you like! I enjoy this with tomatoes and green peppers in the summer when they are sweet and fresh!**