Title: Social Media Intern
Pilot Light seeks an Intern to support the organization’s marketing, communications, and social media efforts. The Social Media Intern will be primarily responsible for developing and scheduling content for Pilot Light’s social media channels and managing Pilot Light’s weekly “Feeding Minds” blog.
This position can be conducted remotely but it is preferred that the Intern lives in the Chicagoland area to attend monthly meetings.
Pilot Light is a Chicago-based nonprofit organization that supports teachers in weaving food and nutrition education into everyday subjects like science, English, and social studies. Founded in 2010 by chefs Jason Hammel, Paul Kahan, Matthias Merges, Pilot Light’s mission is to help children make healthier choices by connecting the lessons they learn in their classrooms to the foods they eat on their lunch trays, at home, and in their communities. For more information, visit www.pilotlightchefs.org.
- Produce and schedule unique and well-crafted content for Pilot Light’s social media outlets (including Pilot Light’s Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts).
- Conduct market segment research.
- Develop content for Pilot Light’s website, such as blog posts.
- Support Pilot Light’s electronic newsletter development.
- Assist with various projects to support Pilot Light’s website, social media, and fundraising, as assigned.
Internship will be 10 hours per week.
- Experience in social media and communication
- Background in Marketing or a related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about food, nutrition education and school health
- Flexible schedule
- Experience with social media outreach
- Design skills including attention to detail and experience with layouts
- Ability to handle multiple activities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to organize for and complete projects with minimal supervision
The intern will work directly with both Pilot Light’s Marketing/Communications Advisory Board and Pilot Light’s Community Programs Manager
- $1,000 Stipend per quarter
- College credit (where applicable)
How to apply:
In order to be considered for the Pilot Light Marketing/Communication Internship, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (500 words or less showing off your creativity and writing skills. Be creative!)