Role: SnackTime Explorers Program Coordinator
Job Summary: The SnackTime Explorers Program Coordinator is a new, full-time position at Pilot Light overseeing operations of the SnackTime Explorers (FFVP) program in collaboration with our partners at FRESHEALTH/DNO Produce. The SnackTime Explorers initiative is rapidly growing to include 3 new school districts in the coming academic year, and the Program Coordinator will be responsible for the successful implementation of this exciting collaboration between Pilot Light & FRESHEALTH.
Location: Must be authorized to work in the United States. Primarily virtual/work-from-home position with seasonal school site visits to district partners. Candidate must live in Illinois, Michigan, or Indiana.
Position Type: Full-time, exempt position
Start Date: Position currently available.
How to apply: Interested applicants should complete the survey found at the link below. Please note that you will be required to submit your resume through the form: https://pilotlight.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bOucoJ1mZLFNgnc
Duties of the Position: Your duties will include the following:
(45%) Coordinate implementation of the SnackTime Explorers (FFVP) program with external partners and teachers across 3 districts
Co-lead recruitment and onboarding of cohort consisting of approx. 30 SnackTime Explorer Lead Teachers with Director of School and District Partnerships
- Provide school-year support to both Lead Teachers and other participating SnackTime Explorers Teachers throughout the program
- Steward relationships with teacher and school partners including in-person site visits to participating classrooms
(45%) Program Administration & Evaluation Support
- Leverage Qualtrics to collect and analyze program data, other data entry as assigned
- Facilitate data sharing to teachers in the program
- Support administrative tasks associated with the SnackTime Explorers program
- Assist with logistics for professional development and events
- Collaborate with Pilot Light team members on initiatives and communications related to the SnackTime Explorers program.
(10%) Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Reporting: The SnackTime Explorers Coordinator will report directly to the Director of School and District Partnerships.
Qualifications And Experience:
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in a PreK-12 setting
- Knowledge of and experience with Qualtrics preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Familiarity with USDA Fresh Fruit and Vegetable program preferred
- Skills in data entry, data collection, and evaluation
- Passion for Pilot Light’s mission, vision and core values
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Experience with Google Suite, and Qualtrics is a plus
Travel may be required on occasion, as well as attending weekend and evening functions as-needed.
Salary Range: $45-50K dependent on experience.
- Flexible work schedule
- Group medical (HMO + PPO) with 75% coverage for employees and dependents
- Group dental for employees and dependents
- Vision for employee
- Access to simple IRA
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday pay
- Paid parental leave
- One all-staff paid wellness week where the office is closed
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pilot Light embraces a philosophy that recognizes, values, and actively seeks diversity among its team. We seek to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, status as an individual with disability, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Apply now including your resume!
About Pilot Light
Pilot Light is a Chicago-founded 501(c)(3) Food Education nonprofit organization that partners with educators to support them in teaching their students through food and about food. Students develop knowledge and skills to advocate for informed food choices for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Pilot Light’s teacher-led model is game-changing: through our approach, PreK–12 teachers are provided with the support and resources needed to integrate Food Education into their classrooms and engage students during implementation while also teaching them about food and its importance in their lives outside of school.
Over the past 10 years, Pilot Light has grown from one Chicago elementary school to reach over 20,000 students across the country. During the pandemic, the organization scaled its offerings nationwide through virtual content and the introduction of several new programs and partnerships.
Pilot Light leads in Food Education through programming and professional development rooted in our Food Education Standards. We serve districts, schools, teachers, and learners through our Food Education Center, the annual Food Education Fellowship, Fellowship Alumni Network, and a variety of rapidly growing school and district partnerships. We are currently seeking several individuals who will join Pilot Light during this exciting time in our growth.