Role: Program Evaluation Associate
Job Summary: The Program Evaluation Associate will lead programming evaluation efforts through research & analysis using the Qualtrics platform and assist with various Pilot Light program-related operational tasks.
Location: Chicagoland preferred. Must be an Illinois resident and authorized to work in the U.S. Currently primarily virtual/work-from-home position with occasional in-person meetings & events. Likely transitioning to a hybrid work environment in late 2023.
Position Type: Full-time exempt position
Start Date: Position currently available.
How to apply: Applications are now closed! Thank you for your interest in joining the Pilot Light team. Stay tuned to your email for updates on your application.
Duties of the Position: The Program Associate assists Pilot Light’s programming team with a wide range of administrative and evaluative duties, including:
(30%) Program Support
- Support Director of School & District Partnerships, Food Education Fellowship Director, and other program staff in developing and implementing programs to fulfill the mission of Pilot Light
- Maintain strong administrative systems for program data tracking including but not limited to Food Education Fellowship (FEF) recruitment and selection process, program reimbursement, partnership engagement, Fellowship Alumni Network (FAN) initiatives, and Food Educator Development programs and initiatives
- Organizational Shared Drive maintenance
- Provide operational/logistical support for monthly professional development events and multi-day intensive professional development institute with the Director of School & District Partnerships and Food Education Fellowship Director
(70%) Evaluation Support
- Co-develop program evaluation models and track data for Pilot Light programs using Qualtrics platform
- Co-develop and validate survey instruments and evaluation processes for Pilot Light Programs using the Qualtrics platform
- Develop strategic plans, annual plans, and budget estimates for evaluation projects, initiatives, and goals
- Develop automated systems and processes in Qualtrics to streamline data collection, analysis, and reporting of program data
- Track, analyze, and report key metrics to support the FEF program, FAN, and FED programming
- Track, analyze, and report data for all Pilot Light programs with support from program directors
- Support year 2 of a program funded by a federal grant, including analysis of program outcomes and drafting manuscripts and conference submissions
- Respond in a timely manner to all requests from the PL staff; collaborate on and occasionally lead projects in other departments to support organizational goals as needed.
- Consistently and passionately demonstrate support of Pilot Light’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values by striving for excellence and contributing to the team.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job.
Reporting: The Program Associate will report to the Director of School and District Partnerships and Food Education Fellowship Director
Qualifications And Experience:
- Experience working at a nonprofit, academic institution, or research institute preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Qualtrics preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with IRB/RRB protocols preferred
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Zoom, and other online organizational tools preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Outstanding project management skills, multitasking, and prioritizing effectively while maintaining quality, accuracy, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with partners and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data methods and analysis
- Ability to turn data into actionable information and direction
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage concurrent assignments under tight deadlines
- Is both a team player and a self-starter, including exceptional organization and time management skills
- A high level of enthusiasm, energy, initiative, and drive
- Ability to analyze data and effectively present findings to various audiences, including school leaders, teachers, external organizations, policymakers, and funders
- Experience in a startup environment and/or an understanding that Pilot Light is a small organization and sometimes requires a high degree of flexibility in terms of responsibilities and tasks
- Commitment to personal growth and development on issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.
- High proficiency in Google Suite and Zoom. Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, and Qualtrics a plus
- Respect and appreciation for the multidisciplinary expertise and talents of others on the Pilot Light team
- A background that reflects those of students reached by Pilot Light to amplify their voices
- A commitment to Pilot Light’s mission and values
Travel may be required occasionally, as well as attending weekend and evening functions as-needed.
Salary Range: $40-50k depending on experience.
- Flexible work schedule
- Group medical (HMO + PPO) with 75% coverage for employees and dependents
- Group dental for employees and dependents
- Vision for employee
- Access to simple IRA
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday pay
- Paid parental leave
- One all-staff paid wellness week where the office is closed
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pilot Light embraces a philosophy that recognizes, values, and actively seeks diversity among its team. We seek to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
About Pilot Light
Pilot Light is a Chicago-founded 501(c)(3) Food Education nonprofit organization that partners with educators to support them in teaching their students through food and about food. Students develop knowledge and skills to advocate for informed food choices for themselves, their families and their communities.
Pilot Light’s teacher-led model is game-changing: through our approach, PreK–12 teachers are provided with the support and resources needed to integrate Food Education into their classrooms and engage students during implementation while also teaching them about food and its importance in their lives outside of school.
Over the past 10 years, Pilot Light has grown from one Chicago elementary school to reach over 20,000 students across the country. During the pandemic, the organization scaled its offerings nationwide through virtual content and the introduction of several new programs and partnerships.
Pilot Light leads in Food Education through programming and professional development rooted in our Food Education Standards. We serve districts, schools, teachers, and learners through our Food Education Center, the annual Food Education Fellowship, Fellowship Alumni Network, and a variety of rapidly growing school and district partnerships. We are currently seeking several individuals who will join Pilot Light during this exciting time in our growth.