Title: PR and Marketing Intern
Pilot Light seeks an intern to support the organization’s marketing, communications, and media outreach efforts. The Marketing Intern will be primarily responsible for promoting and elevating awareness of Pilot Light and coordinating Pilot Light’s marketing team on branding and promotion.
This position can be conducted remotely but it is preferred that the Intern lives in the Chicagoland area to attend monthly meetings.
Pilot Light is a Chicago-based nonprofit organization supports teachers in weaving food and nutrition education into everyday subjects like science, English, and social studies. Founded in 2010 by chefs Jason Hammel, Paul Kahan, Matthias Merges, Pilot Light’s mission is to help children make healthier choices by connecting the lessons they learned in their classrooms to the foods they eat on their lunch trays, at home, and in their communities. For more information, visit www.pilotlightchefs.org.
- Support online marketing efforts, including newsletters, email campaigns,
- Conduct market segment research.
- Communicate with various media outlets to spread Pilot Light’s message and mission, including news releases, pitches, media alerts, and fact sheets.
- Responding to media inquiries.
- Copywriting, editing, and building marketing materials.
- Identifying new media opportunities that become available.
- Assist with various projects to support Pilot Light’s website, social media, and fundraising, as assigned.
Internship will be 10 hours per week.
- Experience in public relations and communication
- Background in Marketing or a related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about food, nutrition education and school health
- Flexible schedule
- Experience with media outreach
- Design skills including attention to detail and experience with layouts
- Ability to handle multiple activities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to organize for and complete projects with minimal supervision
The intern will work directly with both Pilot Light’s Marketing/Communications Advisory Board and Pilot Light’s Community Programs Manager
- $1,000 Stipend per quarter
- College credit (where applicable)
How to apply:
In order to be considered for the Pilot Light PR/Marketing Internship, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Examples of press releases and campaign planning