Thank you for committing to support your students in making healthier choices by nominating your school to partner with Pilot Light.
For the 2017-2018 school year, Pilot Light will select 24 3rd-5th grade teachers from 8 schools located in the following Chicago communities:
- Auburn Gresham
- Back of the Yards
- Hyde Park
- South Shore
- Washington Park
Ideal Partner Schools Must Be:
- Committed to participating in Pilot Light for at least two years.
- Able to nominate at least four teachers for Pilot Light that teach grades 3-5.
- Prepared to create and maintain a healthy school culture.
- Committed to making a significant impact on the students, parents and communities surrounding their food choices and habits.
- Possess a school mission and vision that align with Pilot Light’s.
- A non-selective Chicago Public School (traditional, magnet or charter).
- Located in one of the South Side communities listed above.
- Able to demonstrate evidence of curriculum design practices rooted in Understanding By Design and project-based learning.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain strong community partnerships.
- Able to demonstrate an existing structure to promote parent engagement.
- Able to demonstrate an existing structure supporting teacher development and leadership.
Teachers selected for Pilot Light will be provided with one year of intensive professional development, provisions of classroom materials to support the implementation of the program, a stipend, and CPDU’s.
Applications are due Friday, April 21st! Teachers, Parents, Principals, and Students: Nominate your school here!