Thank you for your interest in nominating your school to partner with Pilot Light!
Here are the qualities of an ideal school candidate:
- Committed to participating in Pilot Light for at least two years.
- Able to nominate at least four teachers for Pilot Light that teach K-2.
- Prepared to create and maintain a healthy school culture.
- Committed to making a significant impact on the students, parents and communities surrounding their food choices and habits.
- School mission and vision align with Pilot Light’s.
- A non-selective Chicago Public School (traditional, magnet or charter).
- Located in an underserved community (priority given to these schools).
- Demonstrate evidence of curriculum design practices rooted in Understanding By Design and project-based learning.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain strong community partnerships.
- Demonstrates an existing structure to promote parent engagement.
- Demonstrates an existing structure supporting teacher development and leadership.
Applications are now open! Teachers, Parents, Principals, and Students: Nominate your school here!
Here is our application process timeline: