Teach With Us.
Teachers selected for Pilot Light will be provided with a year of intensive professional development, provision of classroom materials to support implementation of the program, a chef partner to collaborate with, and a $1,650 stipend.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
The ideal teacher…
- Must have worked at the participating school for at least one year
- Must teach 3rd-5th grade
- Demonstrates passion for providing food and nutrition education to his/her students
- Strongly believes in providing emotional and cognitive skills to his/her students
- Commits to attend approximately 40 hours of professional development throughout the year (the calendar will be provided in Spring 2018 to selected teachers and schools)
- Possesses experience leading other teachers and providing professional development
- Possesses experience with grant writing and school partnerships
Nomination applications for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teachers in non-selective Chicago schools re-open in January 2018. If you have any additional questions about the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Want all of the details about upcoming deadlines, news and additions to programs? Sign up here and you’ll stay in the know.